1. I've dyed my hair since I was about 16. (Shh...don't tell.)
2. I've drunk coffee as long as I can remember. Black, of course.
3. I bite my nails. (Though I seem to have stopped, as of a month or two ago.)
4. I love, love, love Christmas.
5. My favorite color is pink.
6. I detest orange.
7. I broke my arm in second grade trying to be a gymnast.
8. I have no athletic ability what-so-ever.
9. I play clarinet and saxaphone.
10. I'm an English major...
11. ...and a grammar freak...
12. ...but I suck at spelling.
13. My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
14. My favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's.
15. I've been with my boyfriend, Ryan, for nearly 5 years.
16. When people ask me if I'm going to marry him, I want to say, "No, I'm just using him for the sex."
17. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
18. I taught myself number 17 when I was 13. There was a hooker (working as a waitress) at the same restaurant at which I bussed tables. She told me it was a good way to attract men. I was only 13, so I didn't understand why, but I figured a hooker would know.
19. But I can't unwrap a Starburst with my tongue. I gag every time.
20. I normally have a very sensitive gag reflex. Normally.
21. I have one brother who is two years younger than I.
22. My mom has 12 brothers and sisters.
23. She has 99 first cousins--just on her dad's side.
24. I have a big family :).
25. I want ten kids.
26. I've never changed a diaper.
27. I am Catholic.
28. But not a Catholic school-girl.
29. I freak out if things are not clean.
30. But if you saw my car or my room, you wouldn't believe me.
31. I rationalize my messy room and car by saying I'm the only person to see those. But I hate to have people find out I'm a slob.
32. I collect cookbooks. I especially love the old one.
33. And real silver plated silverware.
34. I know these are not normal things for a 21 year old to collect.
35. My mom and I look freakishly alike.
36. I act like her, also.
37. My middle name is May.
38. My uncle thought I should be named "Amanda Lynn." My mom then pointed out that that sounds suspiciously like the instrument, the mandolin.
39. If I had been a boy, my name would have been Jesse James.
40. Thank God for small favors.
41. I love to cook and bake.
42. I don't believe in bread machines or crock pots.
43. I make the world's best pie crust. It's not conceited, it's just a fact :).
44. I am a huge klutz.
45. It amazes me every day that I have waited tables since I was 15 and not dropped food on a customer.
46. I have spilled a tray full of drinks on myself, though. But only once.
47. I also love stiletto heels, and walk in them quite well. Given number 44, this, too, is a small miracle.
48. I can walk with a tray on my head.
49. I would rather clean the toilet than dust.
50. I love snow.
51. I want to live in Vermont, but Ryan says there's nothing up there.
52. Like there's anything in South Dakota? Or Nebraska?
53. When Ryan and I go anywhere, he drives and I navigate. I hate to drive (I can't knit!), and he has no sense of direction, so it works well for us.
54. When driving, I give the Nebraska Wave (index finger raised off the steering wheel) to everyone.
I'm sick of this--to be continued!